This is the official Blog for EZ-Log. Incredibly easy software for professional drivers who use paper logs. I've been using and refining this program for the past four years. I used to spend anywhere from fifteen minutes to sometimes over an hour trying to get all four lines to total that elusive 24.
It always seemed that it was the worst when I was tired and hungry. If you drive, I'm sure you have those kinds of days. Maybe it was a lot of stops or a bunch of drop & hooks. Or, just one of those days when you go up to the cab and just drive all day or all night.
I can remember days when I was surrounded by wadded up scratch pad sheets. I felt so frustrated that I wanted to send my calculator and clipboard sailing. Literally sailing as in across the parking lot.
Today, it is way different. Typically, I'm done with my daily log in about five minutes and I always total 24. I know exactly how many hours are left on my "Seventy." I even know what my average speed was for the day. I'll talk about why knowing your average speed is very important in a future post. I'll just say that if you don't know your average speed, it could cost you big time in the future!
In this Blog, I will write a lot about staying legal and in particular, things you should know and be doing in your log book. I will share tips and tricks that I have found helpful. Sometimes I might complain or whine. I'll work on not doing that too often! I will talk about other topics that are relevant to drivers. I would like to include posts by "guests" as well.
Let me know if you would like to submit an article or if you Blog. You just might get an invite to post here.
I will end with mentioning D.O.T.s new CSA-2010 changes. With the changes in how it effects "points" on your CDL, anyone who is a professional driver needs to be very concerned about keeping log books current and accurate.
Thanks for reading!
Craig
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
About this Blog
Labels:
CDL,
Commercial Driver's License,
CSA-2010,
EZ-Log,
Log Book,
Professional Driver
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment